Last month saw a variety of discussions regarding what cyber security issues may continue, or be introduced, in the new year. Experts highlighted increasing threats conducted via mobile computing and social media, as well as continued cyber espionage. There was a warning that expliotation may shift to damage or disruption. Discussions also continued past years’ debates regarding a possible increase of national legislation requiring incident reporting. Some forecasts of 2012 included recommendations to invest in cyber security companies, which likely will see a long future of growth opportunity!
Here’s a short list of various predictions. Add yours, or link to others, in the comments.
- ENISA: Cyber security: future challenges and opportunities
- Imperva: Top Nine Cyber Security Trends for 2012 (and PDF whitepaper)
- Websense: Security Predictions for 2012 (presented in video here)
- PandaLabs: 2012 Security Trends
- Agiliance: Top 5 IT Security Predictions For 2012